A Couple Turbo Questions..

FutureCRXer

Hey,

I was wondering. What kind of turbocharger would you recommend for a B18B1 engine?? And where can i buy just the turbocharger? Anywhere online i can buy a turbo for cheap?

Also, could i use a turbo charger from a different car? Say, a turbo from an eclipse, or talon... Or some other type?

Is there a certain type of turbo i should use?

Give me any info you can please.

Thanks

Also, could i use a turbo charger from a different car? Say, a turbo from an eclipse, or talon... Or some other type?

of course. you can make any turbocharger work on any engine. actually the turbocharger from a DSM would probably be ideal for your engine.

you can pick one up at a junkyard for about $20. if it doesnt spin freely or has excessive shaft play, just get it rebuilt. a turbo rebuild isnt very expensive and you get the turbo back better than new.

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend throwing a Garrett T3 turbo on it. The turbo is quite smaller and will spool quick. Anything bigger will be harder to spool, but as stated before any turbo will work on any car. Just need the time, the parts and the money. Just my two cents....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
T-78 turbo by greddy. but get like a japanese intercooler and then rest of the parts but the actual turbo get a T-78 by greddy

are u kidding me? t-78? yeah ooook.

yes u can use any turbo that's outt here, as long as u choose a manifold that will allow it to fit, or have one custom made

i'm a fan of the garrett t3/t04e or b

check out www.cheapturbo.com

best prices on new garret turbos

i dont think a T78 can fit on a honda..unless your gonna pull a stephan pakadakis..(he uses a T88 for his 8 second drag civic)

the only T78 kit that can fit on a four cylinder is a Toyota MR-2 TURBO 90-96..

Archived