ctr pistons in C1

Why would he resleeve to put in OEM pistons?

You need to take the block and pistons in to a good machine shop, have them bore/hone it (get .5mm over pistons).

Get some Hastings rings, ARP rod bolts, ARP headstuds, OEM headgasket, OEM IM/EX gaskets, OEM wristpins, ACL or OEM bearings, oil, coolant, another oil change after 15 minutes of idling.

Save some money, buy some CP Pistons, and some light rods like the Crower Maxi-Lights. You'll have more power above 9,500 and it will be more responsive.

You do know your CR will be really high with these in a C1 don't you? If you are on crap 91 octane, it is possible you might melt a piston.

Why would he resleeve to put in OEM pistons?

because thats the least that he SHOULD do. but i agree just cuz they are ctr doesnt make them that much better then aftermarket pistons.

if it were me, i would look at endyne rollerwaves, but that might be a lil costly for this build. Endyne

i believe the CR would be like 13.5:1 or somethin, there was a site that let you choose blocks, pistons, heads, and so on from different OEM honda parts and tell you the CR of said engine. the 13.5:1 is just a guess though

oh yeah...

:ninja:

Reasons for sleeving:

Reasons for sleeving:

1. Cracked sleeve

2. Already bored on stock sleeves and you are sentimental with your block

3. Bigger bore

4. Very high power on boost

5. Boost with a bad tuner (good tuners can tune to make 600whp+ on stock sleeves)

Endyn pistons suck.

CP's come in any CR you want. 8:1, 9:1, 10.5:1, 11:1, 11.5:1, 12.5:1, etc.

You can run 12.5:1 on 93 with a good tuner, however, optimal dome height for flow and elevation would equal to about an 11.5:1 CR if you're close to seas level.

CTR pistons are just normal Honda pistons that have a tall dome. CP's, Arias, Wiseco, etc are all far better.

I wanna keep the CP kinda of low...around 11.5 to 12.0...because i want to eventually spray the car with like an 80 shot...I even thinking about just rebuilding the motor and sprayin on the stock CP, do you think it would be a little more reliable? THanks for your time guys...

Their clearances are wack and so are the dome designs.

Hand finished? I do that to all pistons that go in a customers engine I build.

11.5-12:1 is not low, that is high compression. Nitrous loves high compression.

Nitrous hates stock rods and pistons. A built engine would be more reliable. 11.5:1 CP Pistons, RM rods, RM M21X cams/valvetrain, custom SMSP or RMF header for nitrous = golden.

the clearances are "wack" because they provide pistons to people who actually make sure that the deck and valve clearances are correct when they build their engine.

not everyone hand finishes pistons, this is done also to reduce friction within the engine, of course everyone should do this, but most don't.

11.5-12.5 is not low I agree, but I've seen these pistons do fine with turbo's and run well into the 9's so I dont see what the problem is.

like I said earlier, I think they are great pistons, however, probably not for the budget most would put into a motor build, and definetly not for everybody.:ninja:

Their clearances are wack because Endyn's theories are wack. He needs to get his head out of pushrod land and get into Honda land. How many people do you see running around with engines built by Endyn..... Not very many. I can count all the Endyn built engines I see on H-T on one hand.

B20's don't need to be resleeved for low boost or high compression. Their sleeves are made of a stronger material than the B18.

the last i saw was that teh b20's were crackin stock sleeves under normal driving conditions in CRV's, this would lead me to believe that it should be resleaved for any type of build. but this might be the very first b20's? i dunno, maybe the problem has been fixed and all is well in b20 land.

Archived