Why Civic SI so Heavy?

Kemono

Just reading the spec for the Civic Si 2002 -> http://www.edmunds.com/used/2002/honda/civ...denav..6.Honda*

2744lbs.

I just can't imagine why it is so heavy. Is there a lot of useless crap that can be removed? I'm thinking it might improve the weight disbursement/balance to remove crap from the front of the car, which might als improve handling (is it true?). Removing weight will improve speed/acceleration if it's enough. I'm thinking like 200+ lbs.

Does this sound weird? I've never modded a car. And I don't actually own an '02 Civic Si, but I am seriously considering buying one, but it should be about 700lbs lighter.

Sound deadening is that heavy?

is there stuff that can be removed?

I like the newer SI body and love the ergonomics. I love the shifter right out of the dash and it feels very natural, so I do want to get this car.

If I could improve the weight, I could help get better gas mileage, too.

it is a fairly large car, but I have a Vtec sol, and thats way smaller, and its only like 200lbs lighter. I have never understood that.....

are you serious? why do you think the del Sol doesn't buckle when the roof is off? it's friggin reinforced. it also has a roll bar.

Archived