Faster? Mileage?

HondasaurusEX

I was wondering.. Is the '00 Civic EX faster than the '00 DX? I hear the DX is lighter so it's faster..I'm not worried about speed,really, but want some decent power for hill climbing... Also, what is the gas mileage I should expect to get from an EX and DX (both 5-speeds)?

107 hp DX vs. 127hp EX

long gearing......short gearing

You tell me.

Well, I would guess the EX, but the DX is lighter.. I currently own a 1998 Neon R/T with the 150 horse DOHC engine, yet it's 0.4 seconds slower in the quarter mile than my '98 bare bones Neon with the 132 horse engine..

yess

the ex would be faster because of the extra hp and vtec

the gas milage is better on the ex unless you use it for racing purposes or if you have a heavy foot

for climbin abilites..i don't know whats better

i would go with the ex...nicer, and more confortabel..included options are AC, Power window/locks, etc

you'll enjoy the EX more as a daily driver. it will be quicker than the dx and have more features. 7th gen civics are not race platforms.

As to VTEC making it faster....vtec makes more efficient use of an engines power by varying valve timing. that is it. It can be used to change a power band for fuel efficiency or smoother power release. it IS NOT a magical power additive! its a solenoid that changes timing. that is it.

Archived