GRRR sol keeps haveing problems...

Nizmo

ok well...her it goes, i have changed the map sensor on my sol, and the distributor cap n rotor...and the spark plugs and the wires...and my del sol starts perefctly...but after drieving for like 20 min, my rpm drops from 3000 to 0 and my engine grumbles if i'm still in gear and like barely moves, but if i put it into neutral it dies...and wont start again, i have to wait like 45 min before i can start the car again, and then when it does start, it starts perfectly and then after 20 min again it does the same thing...i'm getting really really tired of the sol...its a 1993 del sol s with 179000 miles on it....plz anyone have something?

ok, that definitely sounds like a problem .. my buddy's prelude was doing the same thing, here are some more things to check, compression, becuase you may have lost the timing belt, check the pressure in the fuel rail, change the fuel filter while your at it, thats always a good thing to do, their cheap and make life a lot easier on your engine ... but if none of it works, you may want to get a diagnostics run on it at your local shop .. someone else in the forum should know a lot mroe than me .. sorry if i wasn't any help

if the timing belt has gone, you'd know about it.

I dunno what to say it is from what informations there, but purely for the fact it only lasts a certain amount of time running, then must be left for a period of time before starting again , id say something to do with cooling.

damn that sucks ... did you check your fuel pump ... ? best advice .. swap the motor with a b16a ... saves you the time and frustration of trying to fix it ... and besides, you have 180,000 miles haha .. jsut an option ... but check the fuel

lol if i had the money for a B16 swap i would do it...i was gunna ask...does the distributor need an o-ring where it meats the crank shaft? cuz mine doesnt have one, but i have seen another distrib..for a 95 civic and it had an o-ring...so maybe i thought that might be the problem...bu tnot sure so i'm asking lol

i don't think thats the problem ... the reason i said about the b16 is because you are going to keep nickel and diming yourself to the point you could have got a new motor ... i mean a d15b is like 400 dollars ... 100% start up guarantee ... but anyway ... sounds like a cooling problem .. cus once it gets hot its turning off and not turning back on till its cool ... check your cooling system .. (radiator, hoses, and coolant itself)

ok well i also saw this on a diffrent thread... http://www.marklamond.co.uk/howto/electric...ter/igniter.htm maybe its that...so i'm gunna try to get a new Ignition Igniter Module...:

Symptoms include:

1.) Poor starting when very often when warm.

2.) In extreme cases engine could cut out / and will sometimes restart if left for a while. Sometimes it may not start at all.

3.) An erratic rev counter CAN indicate an imminent failure, though is by no means definitive proof.

and well thats kinda wut my car does...

well thanx for the help evryone...if everything works well whrn i fix it i will post it and some pix of my sol...OH AND I AM CURRENTLY SELLING THE DEL SOL...if anyone intrested let me kno.

FINALLY...I FIXED TEH PROBLEM, i just got a whole brand new distributor...oh and the car is a 1993 del sol s...with a stock engine...catback exhaust...and intake...if u wanna kno more just call my cell 952-261-9672 and ask for nick.

Archived