factory paint

h8tremorse

I am out on the road alot and I have noticed that about 15% of the Hondas out on the road has either faded or peeling paint on the top of the vehicles, I have also noticed that the most common colors are silver, maroon and green! Anybody know the most common reason for this? I am thinking that they all have to park in the sun all the cars life. I live in Southern Caifornia about 7 miles or so from the beach.

the fading is because of not waxing the car enough and parking it in the sun too much.

having those 3 colors were simply because of the supply and demand when honda warehouses made the vehicles

if you take care of the paint on any car, it will last you a good while.

my car is 10 years old and still has perfect paint. I bought it when it was 4 years old and waxed it religously atleast 1x/month (sometimes 1x/week) for the first 2 years i had it...now its a few times a year. I use meguires deep crystal 3 step wax. takes a few hours, but its worth it.

I also have the Clover Green Pearl paint. its darker and has blue hues in it as opposed to the regular green civics that look pine green.

I use that 3 step Meguirs too. I use an electric 6" polisher on the first 2 steps to apply and remove. (have to remove some by hand). I do the entire 3rd step by hand. I've done it with and without the electric polisher on the same car and the polisher makes a big difference. I would reccomend to $20.00 for it.

if you know how to use a buffer and there are scratches then use a buffer with and extra cut compound. factory paint is really hard to burn through, especailly once it's been on there for ten years. the electric polishers work really good to bring shine and protect though. to be honest with you for your final wax though, i would prefer zymol or the new next generation wax. suprisingly they both work really well. don't get me wrong i used to use meguires and mothers all the time.

matt

I used to use Zymol and Turtle Wax Platinum>Zymol. Plus with Zymol you are not suppossed to apply it in a circular motion, their directions say to apply it in a back and forth motion, which rules out using it with an electric polisher.

Wow there is alot of interestion things here. I am a Meguires nut myself. I had used Zymol before but quite honestly did nt see much diffreance bwteen that and Meguires Gold CLass (that's just me). Does anyone know the differeance between the Gold CLass and the NXT? The NXT is like 10 Dollars more.

NXT is a silicone based wax. Suppossed to give a much better shine and last pretty long too. The Turtle wax platinum that I use is the same way, and I'll attest to the awesome difference when using silicone based waxes. The Meguiers NXT is probably really good, but much more expensive than Turtle wax platinum. I've used them both and, IMO, both are equally great.

Yeah, me too. Wax as you dry smells really good too. I use that between "real" waxes. It seems like it makes my "real" wax last longer.

Walmart has some car cleaning rags designed specifically for certain areas...i.e. buffing, glass, etc. I use the buffing rag to wipe off my wax and it makes it so easy. It's almost easier than drying the car after a wash. Another highly reccomended product. Made by Black Magic I think.

Archived