4g63 Swap

ChillyJ1026

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about the cr/vtec. it is definately a good way to go if you are going to do it right. actually my friend has a b20 non vtec cuzz hes using the b20 head also. but he has je pistons, aftermarket rods, edelbrock intake manifold , gsr tranny, greddy headers and catback, msd 6al and he ran a 13.9 at the track. and this is in a 97 coupe. car has lots of torque and thats why its fast. he wants to do vtec but he might just turbo it since it has low compression. but the point is that you can do a lot of things with a b20 and u can get the block for like $500.

1:Go buy a skyline the most expensive one u can find at an exotic car dealer shop

2:buy the car take out the Engine

3:Open ur hood in ur honda civic drop the skyline engine in it. (If u have problems fittin the engine, cut the engine in a square till it can fit ur car)

4: Once the engine is in. buy a carbon fiber hood, an light it on fire with gasoline then turn it off. (this is for higher dybamics twords the hood)

5: goo too ur nearest church. bringa container. (anywhere u can put some kind of water in) grab some holy water go back home an sprinkle it on ur car. then do prayers on it after sprinkling.

6:take ur side mirrors off so u can LEAN when u look too the sides an be Hip. then go too home depot an buy a spray can.

7: Spray ur car with any color paint in random places (too keep it jdm) then turn on the ignition.

an your ready too go.

y, it'll beat urs by a mile..........

You dont even know what I have under the hood of my Prelude so dont even try to sterotype me, why would you RUIN and deface a Honda by putting a mitsubishi motor in it.. Your right you would probibly beet me off the line but after you shattered a rod, blew up the turbo and all of your cams just fall to pieces I might have a more settle chance of beeting you. butthead.

^^Chubs u da man

I can beat ur prelude

i have a Geo with a governer of 80mph Max

85 horse power

205 torque

turbo + super charge

an u press a button an it turns into an s2000

Is that crap custom ??

I have a 4G63...I should know. Currently I'm of the opinion that DSM=crap. If I can get mine running again relatively cheaply, my opinion might change. It's kinda sad though, I've had the car 4 months, and it's been down about 3.

Is that crap custom ??

Yeah i told them too make it like that.

It was made in Europe.

Sometimes when i burn out the fuse thoe an i press the button too turn into an s2000. it doesnt do it completely so only the front of the car is s2000 an the rest is GEO.

it sux thats why i always carry extra fuses

I have a 4G63...I should know. Currently I'm of the opinion that DSM=crap. If I can get mine running again relatively cheaply, my opinion might change. It's kinda sad though, I've had the car 4 months, and it's been down about 3.

i have a 1st gen 4g63 in my 2nd gen eclipse, and it's hasn't giving me any problems. Older Motor is better.

You dont even know what I have under the hood of my Prelude so dont even try to sterotype me, why would you RUIN and deface a Honda by putting a mitsubishi motor in it.. Your right you would probibly beet me off the line but after you shattered a rod, blew up the turbo and all of your cams just fall to pieces I might have a more settle chance of beeting you. butthead.

good sir w the prelude, forgive me for the insult. i went a little out of line there.

my car might look crappier than urs, but it's making good power w/o shattering anything.

last time i dynoed was about 4 months ago and i made 384 to the wheels and i ran low 12s in the 1/4.

how much HP does this mitsu engine put out in the first place?

why would someone consider that swap?

its as dumb as buying a perfectly running datsun 280z and swapping a small block 350 into it....

or as stupid as swapping that nissan skyline engine into that old school mustang on TFaTF: Tokyo Drift

i guess ppl do what they want tho... =/

how much HP does this mitsu engine put out in the first place?

why would someone consider that swap?

its as dumb as buying a perfectly running datsun 280z and swapping a small block 350 into it....

or as stupid as swapping that nissan skyline engine into that old school mustang on TFaTF: Tokyo Drift

i guess ppl do what they want tho... =/

b/c the 1st gen 4g63 motors r stronger and more durable than my factory 2nd gen motor. the 1st when pull about 225 and the 2nd gen( my stock motor), pulls 210. the 2nd gens have cheaper parts and a smaller turbo(T25). the 1st gen have stronger and better parts and has a bigger turbo(14b) so basically the 2nd gen has crankwalk and the 1st gen don't and i want to avoid that little problem b4 it screws me up pretty good.

A guy I know with a GSX just cracked his valve cover ($400 from Mitsu).. all stock except for Espelir exhaust.

Oh and not to mention he blew his turbo too.. not a hard driver and stock boost. Ended up costing $2000..

So far total investment is $3000.. in a $8000 car. You do the math.. only $500 of it was semi-productive.

hahaa i know a guy who had an gsx who had the something like that happen to him. his motor blew, and he owed hella money on his car, and he couldnt afford to put a new motor back in it, and his insurance wouldnt cover it. so basically hes stuck working at subway paying for a car thats sittin in his driveway.

Archived