OIL BURNING

CIVICD16A9

I have a doubt I´ve noticed that my car is burning a little bit of oil between shifts Im not sure if that is ring or valve guides because once ive made the shift it doesnt smoke anything. im shifting at 7200rpm.

my engine is a D16A9 dohc non vtec :thumbsup:

i tell my customers that theres 2 possible cause of oil burning, one can be your coolant, engine working too hard, and that your fuel and intake has carbon build up in the injectors, intake valves and cumbustion chamber..(the intake cleaner runs throught the brake booster tub connected to the intake manifold) i get good commission pay when ever its over an $80 service.. :thumbsup: , that and if its low il reconmend a high mileage additve, really sticky stuff that reduces leaks, and oil burning, work with cars over 100k miles like my integra.. all saturns burn about a quart and a half over month, my gf has one we just topp it off regulary, a customers 89 corolla with 320k dosent burn, some vehicals such as the chevy tahoe lx with the 6.0 engine burns about a half a quart every month, the dealership says that normal, my car burns about a quart a month, until i ran a throttle bodie and intake system cleaner.. on some older v-dubs or audis, they burn oil because of the air filter(reconmended one every 12000 miles to be replaced). i had a jag that came in a few weeks ago, it was 3 quarts low on arrival, i dont know if thats normal but it had only 8000miles on it and its the third oil change. :ph34r:

but if its piston rings wouldnt it burn all the time, in normal driving and in hard driving?

Yes, but you'll notice it more at higher revs. My Civic burns about a quart every 2-3 fillups, but I hardly ever see smoke unless I'm getting on it.

Rings or valve seals it sounds like. All engines are going to burn some oil...no matter how well it's maintained. If it's excessive then you'll need some serious mechanical work to fix it...or just keep your foot out of gas.

Archived