how much power gain??

how much power gain if any is the difference between gsr and ls/vtec?? i got a stock ls block and a stock gsr head wat are the first couple of thing i should do to get a very big boost on power?? i have an aem cold air intake and a catback exhaust.. and suggestions?

well its in a 96 civic ex coupe.. it has all stock internals .. wats the best thing to upgrade on it first besides workin the ad out?? and is my faster now with the ls/vtec or was the gsr setup i had better?? oh and wats the compression on a ls block?? is it lower than the gsr? is it better to turbo? i know tis alot of questions but i know ssr or bigbird can answer them their like the people that know almost everything about hondas.. thanx if ya could help me out

upgrade your rods and pistons. if something were to break in an engine, it's usually the rod that goes first. upgrade to stronger rods and higher compression pistons and you'll be fine.

I can't answer all of your questions because there are many different factors.

LS rods are good to 9,500. Rod bolts fail.

You shouldn't be talking about "upgrading" an LS/VTEC, it should be done right the first time.

You shouldn't be talking about "upgrading" an LS/VTEC, it should be done right the first time.

LS rods can handle some power, but if major power is a goal, the LS rods can't take it. plus, the motor is going to be apart anyway, so I'd upgrade damn near everything.

If it is all-motor, the rods are fine. If it is turbo or nitrous, get some different rods.

if he's anything like me, he's subject to change his mind multiple times. of course, I'd buy a different block and built it for boost.

if he's anything like me, he's subject to change his mind multiple times. of course, I'd buy a different block and built it for boost.

Thats what you have to do. Otherwise CR and clearances will be off.

how much boost  can i run with stock internals???

I wouldn't push it past 9, with a good tune. If you had a built LS/vtec you could run more, obviously. But if your car is OEM spec LS/Vtec then see my first answer.

*NOTE* OEM Spec LS/Vtec meaning that everything is Honda, not aftermarket internals or bolts.

Well said.

BTW, how reliable is your LS/Vtec? I have a friend with a built one, JDM b16 pistons, Eagle H-beam rods, balanced crank(not sure which one) with the basic bolt ons. And his runs like poop. It is ran off a OBD-0 Pr3, and was tuned with hondata. But on certain days, it doesn't want to run. Just wondering about this. Because his car has discouraged me from building a ls/vtec motor.

dude

i was just like you

you should go on google and just do tons of research about the LSVTEC

you will come to realize that it's not as easy as it sounds

mines is going to run me about 2500 but ill be running 13's all motor on my 92 integra

no NOS or Turbo

" hello MR. ROD, how'd you get outta the block"?

"well you see that hole in the side of the block"?, "Thats how"

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, boom!!!!

Dont do it please. They cant handle that much boost.

feel free to tell that to my friend who had a 400whp LS-VTEC integra. upgrade the rods, rod bolts, and pistons, and you're golden.

feel free to tell that to my friend who had a 400whp LS-VTEC integra. upgrade the rods, rod bolts, and pistons, and you're golden.

400 to the wheels huh, yeah right! You are kidding right? What would that thing run then- ET?

BTW, I meant stock stuff, your talking about rods and bolts and all.

400 to the wheels huh, yeah right! You are kidding right? What would that thing run then- ET?

BTW, I meant stock stuff, your talking about rods and bolts and all.

no, I'm really not joking at all. stock sleeves even.

all stock stuff? stock rod bolts would strip.

B18B1 Block:

Hot Tanked

Decked 5/10000ths

LS Crankshaft

Main Caps

LS Rods

.50 overbore

Integra Type R Pistons w/rings

GSR HEAD:

Skunk2 Valves

2 Ferrea Valves (because its just the way I got the head but it will not affect performance at all.)

Skunk2 Retainers

Bronnze lower and upper keepers

New Honda Seals

Skunk2 Springs

3 Angle valve job

Milled head

GSR cams

Stock CamGears

Vtec Solenoid

Sandblasted

There you go

thatz what my lsvtec contains as now

still need to spend about 2000 more since im buying new tranny and stage 3 clutch.....but i still need a vtec conversion kit..and some other miscellanious(<<not even close to spelling it right) stuff

Archived