What to do?

juicesintegra

I just got a 94 4 door GSR. It has 193000 miles. I was thinking of takeing the engine out and put it in a CRX or a hatch but i dont know. Is there anyway to get this GSR faster or what. This is my first GSR and i like it but its not as fast as i would like it to be. Should i take the engine out or is there like a couple things to do to it that would actually make it way faster? And if i should take it out (ive never done it) so where would i start?

Hey

I have had my integra gsr for a while now but when i bought it, it had 205,000 on it. i took the motor out and am currently building it for turbo. If i were you, you and a buddy buy a good repair manual for your car, it is well worth the 20 bucks and take the engine out. rebuild it with either oem parts or better aftermarket. like get the block bored .10 or .20 thousands over and get different pistons, it would be safe to use your stock rods, just get them reconditioned with ARP bolts. Also get your crank refinished. Then get your valves ground and if you want to run a better cam which will give you a great power increase like a skunk 2 or crower or rocket motorsports, you will need to upgrade your springs and retainers. it is a complex project, but you can handle it. I am doing all the work exept the machine work myself and this is my first rebuild. I visit local shops in the area asking questions. also these sites on the internet are a very good source for your info. as far as what car, i would put it back in the integra, i like the dc model integras and i think it would be cool to have a sleeper four door.

Archived