Internals Bottom End

RobUSN

Been away for a a while, but i got a question once again.

Ive done the searching, but would like to know from others points of veiw. Which internals do most prefer, bottom end wise. I don't know a whole lot about compression ratios, all that technical stuff, hence why im trying to learn it. But in short my goal is say for now building up the engine to take my B16A and reach that 200 whp mark, maybe a little more. Already on the car theres a Greddy 4-2-1 Header, AEM CAI, HKS Hipower exhaust, and Exede Street Flywheel/Stage 1 clutch, i dont know if those help power though, the fw/cl. But which ones would most perfer for reliable power gains, for top end I am still reasearching, but not looking to buy yet, doing the whole research thing.

Any info would be helpful and Thanks.

Ditch the header and intake.

CP Pistons 81mm 12.5:1

RM or Eagle rods

ACL bearings

OTSB crank pulley

RLZ CNC headwork

RM M22X cams/valvetrain

SMSP/DTR/RMF header

AEBS IM ported

Maxbore TB

Hondata S200

RC injectors

Injen RD CAI

Have fun with no midrange.

Yeah i'm gonna say the headers are ok, intake...eh as long as its doing its job. But you might wanna just think of doing adjustable cam gears with new cams, stage 1 skunk 2 cams arnt too bad as long as you upgrade your fuel to work with the added air. using a piggyback air/fuel unit like an Apexi VAFC conroller is a smart idea, but i hear mixed reviews.

otherwise SSR's list is pretty good but yes your gonna lose some mid range. Just remember that you have to make sure that your air and fuel are balanced nicely or you'll just be losing more power.

Yeah i'm gonna say the headers are ok, intake...eh as long as its doing its job. But you might wanna just think of doing adjustable cam gears with new cams, stage 1 skunk 2 cams arnt too bad as long as you upgrade your fuel to work with the added air. using a piggyback air/fuel unit like an Apexi VAFC conroller is a smart idea, but i hear mixed reviews.

otherwise SSR's list is pretty good but yes your gonna lose some mid range. Just remember that you have to make sure that your air and fuel are balanced nicely or you'll just be losing more power.

contrary to popular beliefs, piggyback systems such as V-AFCs and S-AFCs and chipped ECUs from JET or other shop are NOT smart ideas. if you upgrade internals, get a real EMS like Hondata, Uberdata, Autronic, etc.

Archived