Timing Belt

91H22Accord

ok so i was driving down the road and a loud almost grinding or clicking noise started coming out of the drivers side of the engine. i really didn't know what it was so i just kept driving. The noise got extremely loud so i put the car in neutral, and it automatically shut off on me. The oil light came on. I started the car up again and i had to give it a little gas before it could start. The noise still continued so i just got the car towed

Can some one help.

is it the timing belt? did it blow, if so, is my engine damaged

or is it something else

please help :sad:

Sounds more like a blown oil pump. Typically when the timing belt goes, the car dies almost immediately. If it was the timing belt, I highly doubt you would've been able to restart it.

so i had this guy check it out

he said my engine was gone

he said that one of the pistons was not moving at the same time as the other pistons

idk

im goin to take my car to a shop so they can look at it

Sounds like you busted a connecting rod then. You check the oil in it often? Was it knocking at all beforehand? Connecting rods don't usually just go out, they start knocking for awhile...and then break.

there was a knockin noise before but it was very quiet..it only sounded when you floored the car

yes..i did check my oil all the time...since i had a crack in the oil pan before..i had to constantly check my oil and check that the oil level didn't go down..once it stareted goin down. i would put more oil in it..but i only had that problem for like a week.. then i changed my oil pan. But yes..the oil level was good before and after this happend

Of course it's fixable, but it has to be replaced. Since you'll have to take apart the whole engine to do it, it would probably be best to upgrade if that was what you were planning on. As soon as you heard ANY kind of knocking sound you should've stopped driving the car immediately.

what i am trying to get at...is...should i dump the car..or keep it

its a 92 integra GS wit 132k and the body is mint....the interior is beautiful..i just bought a new system for it and i didn't even get a chance to install it because it broke down

heres the deal

my accord already has a -body kit -rims -CF hood -all alpine top of the line system -panasonic tv -projectors - lights

so all i want to do with it is give it a paint job

The engine is a 92 Sohc non v-tech LX with only 102k and all i have is an -intake -pulleys -duel exhaust

i just put a new clutch on the car so i really want to keep it

im not going to do anything else to the engine..all i want is for looks

my integra on the other hand is a 92 GS with 132k but its an automatic[/b]

it has cut springs and an intake

2 12's volvenhags and a 800w volvenhag 2 channel amp

thats all

i think im goiin to paint the accord

and save up this whole summer about 3g's and rebuild the integra for racing

i make pretty good money and ill feel stupid just dumping the integra because the car is in such good condition

Archived