car dies when stopped

evilbeef

I was changing pulleys and i was taking the alternator off. I didnt disconnect the battery when i took the white wire off of the alternator that has that nut on it. Well the wrench touch something else and it made threw a spark. now when i stop or if im moving and take it out of gear it goes down to about 100 rpm and almost dies. Now if i turn on the AC or the heater fan all the way it kicks back up. I think i might have blown a capacitor inside the altanator or soemthing?

hey dude it most likely would be your alternator no keeping the charg of the vehicle but if u tuched something with your rench and it blew a spark. that meens you prabably grounded somthing that shouldn have and caused it to blow. if i were you i would take it to a shop and get it diagnosed :ninja:

Now if i turn on the AC or the heater fan all the way it kicks back up. I think i might have blown a capacitor inside the altanator or soemthing?

take it to PIMP MY RIDE

and let MAdd mike handle it

dont u remember when he fixed the car who windshield wipers went off when he hit the brake :D:D

First off Madd Mike knows absolute crap.

Second... why in the hell would you work on your car without disconnecting the battery when it sounds like you apparently haven't the faintest as to what you are doing?

Third... the reason your RPM's jump up when the A/C is on is due to the idle step up.

Most likely... the arching had nothing to do with this. He probably knocked off a vacuum line. The car should go to someone whom knows what they are doing as mentioned above for proper diagnosing.

hahahaha! He said "it threw a spark"

Archived