97 teg w/ salvage title

MikeSaldana123

theres a 97 gs teg with the salvage title for 400 bucks, think its worth it? he said the body needs a lot of work, but the car runs well. anyone think its a bad idea, i mean 400 dollars, u can't expect much, but all i need is a car to drive, and 400 is in my field. would i still be able to buy, insure and drive this car LEGALLY, he said its prolly not going to pass inspection. i jus need a cheap car that runs, help

Not sure about your state, but in Ohio you get a 30 day temporary tag. Sometime, before it expires, it must pass an emissions inspection. I believe if you can't get it to pass the 1st time, you can get a 2nd 30 day tag. If it fails emissions twice, get reciepts for $300 for repairs to the emission system, if it still fails they will pass you because you did attempt to fix the problem. I doubt however that any car that runs *well* would require that much work to pass emissions tests.

The first Integ that i bought had an R title and i had to fix everything that was wrong with it, then take it somewhere for an inspection before i could drive it on the road...even after that it takes a little bit of time for everything to go through. I live in PA and i think i had to wait like 60 days or something. I would def. say buy it though! Even though u wont be able to legally drive it right away, it will give u time to fix it up! and its only 400 bills! :thumbsup:

Archived