97 civic

a mini-me head swap?? theres probably tons of threads on this... its easy to do, but kind of a waste, alot of work for about 20 hp... unless you get the vtec head for free or something. You can get a good used LS motor for about the same price as a d16y8 if you look around.

a mini-me head swap?? theres probably tons of threads on this... its easy to do, but kind of a waste, alot of work for about 20 hp... unless you get the vtec head for free or something. You can get a good used LS motor for about the same price as a d16y8 if you look around.

no, its not just as easy as that.

also you gottta be more spcific that a 92-95 head. there was more than one motor between 92-95. so if your thinking about installing a VTEC head, its not jsut as simple as botling it on. do some research.

sorry for the confusion I was just wanting to know if it's tru that u can get more hp out of an OBD1 then an OBD2 cause from my understanding OBD is just like a information thing and nothing more

ya, I never said its as easy as bolting the head on, I said theres probably tons of threads on this, meaning look it up. you need this stuff

Z6 head from a 92-95 Civic Si/Ex

Head gasket, intake gasket, and exaust gasket from 92-95 Civic Si/Ex

Timing belt from 92-95 Civic Si/Ex

Valve cover gasket for a 92-95 Civic Si/Ex

vtec soleniod and switch

Fuel Pressure Regulator from 92-95 Civic Si/Ex

Timing light

plus some other goodies I probably forgot but someone will be more than happy to remind me.

as far as obd2 to obd1 you're not going to get any extra power from that. Whatever ECU your running, its safest to go with that

good luck

Changing the OBD will not get you more power until you get an EMS and tune it.

Z6 head = top end power, no EVAP crap

Y8 head = low-mid range, no top end, better gas mileage, EVAP crap

Archived