H22 Build

steveliebers

I've contacted a custom builder in Las Vegas who has an H22 stroked engine from stock 90 mm to 95 mm. He has ported the head, custom built intake with 330 injectors and four large single intake ports in the manifold, 69 mm throttle body, cam is 280 duration with .525 lift, H23 crank, headers, and custom ECU. I've also sent my stock H22 block from my DOHC VTEC 95 Honda Prelude to a company in Indiana (Darton) to have it bored out from stock 87 mm to 89 mm and also sleeved (and using forged pistons allowing 11.5 to 1 compression ratio). I had always planned on using my strong, bored-out sleeved block with all of his features, Las Vegas says that his regular stock block will work better (as in performance racing) then my bored out sleeved block using his H23 crank and rods and type S pistons by Honda. Is Vegas right? Or just wanting us to use his engine which he hasn't tried this type of setup before. OR am I right? Mixing the best of both to create a better performing engine. I'm looking for street and drag abilities.

Bigger bore = more power, but added weight (pistons) so response is a little slower (won't be noticable).

Also, why use stock pistons if you are going all out with the engine?

Those are some small cams for such a big engine. Rocket Motorsports offers bigger cams than that.

Send me an email and let me know what you are wanting to do to the engine, your budget, and what your wanting to do with the car (drag, road race, etc). I feel like building another engine (currently building a 2.0 B18C5 for 550whp).

whoopeedooracing@aol.com

I've contacted a custom builder in Las Vegas who has an H22 stroked engine from stock 90 mm to 95 mm.  He has ported the head, custom built intake with 330 injectors and four large single intake ports in the manifold, 69 mm throttle body, cam is 280 duration with .525 lift, H23 crank, headers, and custom ECU.  I've also sent my stock H22 block from my DOHC VTEC 95 Honda Prelude to a company in Indiana (Darton) to have it bored out from stock 87 mm to 89 mm and also sleeved (and using forged pistons allowing 11.5 to 1 compression ratio).  I had always planned on using my strong, bored-out sleeved block with all of his features, Las Vegas says that his regular stock block will work better (as in performance racing) then my bored out sleeved block using his H23 crank and rods and type S pistons by Honda. Is Vegas right? Or just wanting us to use his engine which he hasn't tried this type of setup before.  OR am I right?  Mixing the best of both to create a better performing engine.  I'm looking for street and drag abilities.

:D nice selection on going with the h22 block( in the process of building an h23 vtec block displaced to 2.4L with 90mm bores and a 95mm stroke if all goes well should put out around 550whp at around 30lbs of boost to spank stangs and all those other annoying domestic v-8s oh yea i forgot to mention the motor is in my lightweight civic ex 2 dr chassis

550 whp sounds great, but i won't be using a turbo kit for that 30 lb of boost. This is NA build. I aiming for 250 whp. I've got everything i need. Except i would like to know what cams i should use? The setup now is 280 duration with .525 lift.

Have any idea what the best cam i should use is?

550 whp sounds great, but i won't be using a turbo kit for that 30 lb of boost. This is NA build. I aiming for 250 whp. I've got everything i need. Except i would like to know what cams i should use? The setup now is 280 duration with .525 lift.

Have any idea what the best cam i should use is?

:D hey Steve I have looked around for your all motor cams and found 2 companies that make them check out, www.skunk2.com and www.gude.com. If your looking for aggressive cams such as the one you described you want to have an upgraded valve train if you dont have already. Good luck

Alright. I'm staying with the 280 duration .525 lift cams and using an H23 crank.

I now need stronger rods.

Does anyone know the best rods i could use for my build?

They must be H23 rods only.

If so, do you know where i could buy these particular rods?

Archived