Question About Seats...

kriztupher

I'm new to the whole acura scene, but i love the way these cars are built. I have never sat in a 2000 gsr but i know a guy who knows a guy that's selling a 2000 gsr with 29000 miles on it with full leather and loaded black on black for $15000. I really want to buy it but i'm 6'4". Now i have sat in a 2000 ls and it was on the edge of being too small. I was hopeing there was some kind of higher steering wheel or the leather seats go back farther than the clothe ones. And if there is nothing like that on the gsr, are there any seats that i could get that would sit lower or slide back farther... now i do not care about the back seats if there is anyway to set the seats back farther... thanks a lot for the help...

I've got a 2000 GSR with the leather interior as well, and while I'm short, I don't see why you'd have a problem in it. I know plenty of people around your height that haven't had problems in it. Also, there is an adjustment on the steering wheel to raise it, was it lowered when you sat in the ls?

But anyway, del Sol seats > GSR seats :D

at 6'4 u miiiiight scrape ur head a bit but it shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

forget about trying to fit a helmet on ur head tho.

a viable alternative would be to invest in a Sparco bucket, or even a milano/torino, and when they arrive, u can lower the seats on the provided brackets.

• 3 weeks later...

If you get those seats you are definately going to fit in the GSR without any problems. Plus that will open up the door for you to be able to race legally and be able to wear a helmet.

So it all depends on what is it worth to you. For the price of the 2k Teg. I would definately go for it. Compare it to how much you would have to spend at a dealer and figure that you just bought yourself those seats and them some.

Just my 2 cents.

L8

• 3 weeks later...

Archived