is this really my engine??

billslilcrx90

i apologize for my ignorance but though i'm very passionate about cars my knowledge is limited and i wanted to know if this is the engine that i have in my 1990 crx :

D15B6 1.5 8V SOHC PGM-FI 1493 62hp@4500rpm 90tq@3000rpm '90-'91 Civic/CRX HF (USA)

and if it is :( it's very sad and we'll have to do something about it :devil: any suggestions ?? nothing going overboard cause i want to do it myself and all i know is basics

:D

150 sounds about right for new pistons cams gears and whatever you did, thats a lot of work on a stock engine for 30hp, i also assume you have I/H/E right? That makes sense. No, Honda claims 127 on a D16Y8 VTEC, but really only about 110 gets to the ground. 40hp doesnt sound bad for the work you did.

crap! you're right, I'm sorry. I was taking all that off the honda manual. It makes sense that they would only claim the horsepower where it can be measured at its highest. You'd think I'd have more sense than that. I checked a y8 engine build article and they said that they only produced 116 with I/H/E and a new cam gear

Oh and no I don't have I/H/E, but am looking into a header, would all that boost me up a little more.

Ask SSR about manifolds, he like them ITB's, I STILL WANT THOSE MAN! hehehe, so much cusotm work for those things to work right, plus talk about air filtration...wooh! ITB=Independant Throttle Body for those who didn't know. I'll drive by some tree-cutters and my car will just die right there, hah.

• 2 months later...

Archived