Speaker box size??

TLontheDL

In my previous sub/box combo, I used a universal sealed box. I just purchased one JL Audio 12w6. I need to purchase a box for it and am going for a sealed box. My question is, I know each speaker has a recommendation on the dimensions on the size of the box so must I get a specific speaker box or will any sealed 12" box do? I am sure I will get more umph with the correct size but how much of a bass will I loose if i get a universal 12" box?

JL makes a box for that speaker, it's ported though. Depending on how many watts you feed it, you might bust a universal box(espescially the ones from walmart) I would say get the JL box for about 100 and be content knowing that you won't have to replace it and that you're box is tuned for that specific subwoofer.

you might try alphasonik too!

JL makes a box for that speaker, it's ported though. Depending on how many watts you feed it, you might bust a universal box(espescially the ones from walmart) I would say get the JL box for about 100 and be content knowing that you won't have to replace it and that you're box is tuned for that specific subwoofer.

you might try alphasonik too!

damn, are you freaking serious? 100 bucks for the box? that cost more than what I paid for the 12w6! I guess so..

Archived