Vtec Delay

Joemidnight

Hey everyone .. for sometime now .... i have a 1996 Integra GSR B18c 10:0:1 compression engine. Vtec usto kick at 4,400 rpms or 4,500 rpms ... and for about a year now ... it's been kicking in at 5,800 rpms .... this happened around the time when i got my clutch replaced ... and i assumed that my mechanic put in a crap clutch and that was why i was having that issue...but i guess not. Does anyone have any advice .. I'd grealy appreciate it.

Thanks,

Joe

well ... mine usto kick at 4,400 -4,500 ... pretty sure 4,400 rpms ... and i know its not normal for mine to engage at 5,800 rpms ... and i got a vtec afc II controller installed about amonth ago ... i thought with that i'd be able to control when i kicks in ..but .... the controller tells me that vtec turns on at 4,400 rpms ..but i can hear it kick at 5,800 .. so i know that there's a problem with mine.... but thanks for the posts :D

Yeah dude GSR's have dual stage intake manifolds, your hearing the secondaries open up, your not hearing the first stage at 4,500 range

well .. i'm not feeling the power at 4,400rpms range either so ...... could that be an issue with my manifold ? hrm .. or do you know what else it might be that could be affecting it? ..if your not sure ... Thanks people, i've gotten really good feedback .. i didn't know that about the intake manifold. :D

Archived