Stupid Speakers

Trepid

well it happened, I blew the voice coils on one of my fosgates :(... just wondering if there is anything I can do about this or if anyone knows where I can get a replacement... these aren't the Punch DVCs and I need a 12", that's all I know as they were sold to me without me knowing much at the time...

it'll be reall hard to find an exact replacement since they are so old. since you said they arent DVC, i'm guessing they are the regular punch subs.

in 2001 the punch subs were replaced by the new punch Z series. basically they received an appearance makeover. i think the specs are still the same.

here is one of the punch Zs http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1377889228

if you think your sub is a higher up model, then check this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1379672810

are the subs that you blew, 1 coil?? i got the punch dvc's and they handle a lot of power...and yes, they are old. i think i got it back in 98?? something like that. it was expensive too but now they're dirt cheap :sad: good luck to you bro! how about getting some ID subs or jl's?? :smoking:

f*ck, I just realized something, that speaker I bought, I was a little light headed last night from the beer and didn't look too closely, it has a max of 200 watts... My amp is a 600, oh well, back on ebay it goes

f*ck, I just realized something, that speaker I bought, I was a little light headed last night from the beer and didn't look too closely, it has a max of 200 watts... My amp is a 600, oh well, back on ebay it goes

but what amp do you have. max ratings dont mean anything. look at the RMS power. and also make sure you are looking at the correct impedance.

you have two 4 ohm subs. either you will run them 4 ohm stereo or 8 ohms mono (preferred). if your amp is rated 600 watts peak at 2 ohms stereo, then it is probably 300 watts rms @ 2 ohms stereo. which is probably around 150 watts rms @ 4 ohms stereo (8 ohms mono).

I don't know that much about all this stuff, I had a multimeter once that read ohms... anyhow I have the JBL GTS600 if you just happen to know anything about that, if not no worries

Archived