ls/vtec problem

ok this is somthin weird first wen i did the swap from a gsr block to a ls block it didnt wanna rev over 6500 rpm then the head started leaking then i took the head off and then shaved it and put it back on and now it doesnt rev past 3000 rpm .. i dont know wat the hell is the problem it fires up like a baby but doesnt rev up wat could it possiblly be and the head started leaking again wat could that be ?? man i need mad help can u guys help out a brother in need please oh and wats the tourque spec for the head bolts?? oh and another problem wen i took off the ls head there were two bolts that were longer could that be a problem cuz i used the gsr bolts... they all the same size well i need quite a bit of help well let me know if u can help thanx

aight first of all i have knowledge but on rotary engines this is my first time doin a piston engine so bare with me .. ok i have a gsr tranny a ls block and a gsr head now i had to swap it cuz my gsr block blew a rod thru the side and now im having this problem like i told u so wat do u mean change the crank to the 89mm from wat ?? explain and remember im new to this but i do appreciate the help dude

thanx for ur help but i feel like u just sayin random things .. not to be a weiner but dont u think it could be somthin in the ignition or somthin else besides the engine its self since it was rev fine before i swapped it maybe a senor gone bad or somthin just try and think .. cuz i dont really wanna pull the motor out cuz i just dropped it in.. if anyone else can help ill really appreciate it thanx

SSR has a good feel for the honda motors in general. so listen up

IMO it could be a problem with the ignition. when was the last time you checked the spark plugs? besides those are teh cheapest! check cap, distributor, wires. make sure spark plugs are gapped correctly.

james

and how did you do a swap without knowing thesethings?:drew:

ok this is somthin weird first wen i did the swap from a gsr block to a ls block it didnt wanna rev over 6500 rpm then the head started leaking then i took the head off and then shaved it and put it back on and now it doesnt rev past 3000 rpm .. i dont know wat the hell is the problem it fires up like a baby but doesnt rev up wat could it possiblly be and the head started leaking again wat could that be ?? man i need mad help can u guys help out a brother in need please oh and wats the tourque spec for the head bolts?? oh and another problem wen i took off the ls head there were two bolts that were longer could that be a problem cuz i used the gsr bolts... they all the same size well i need quite a bit of help well let me know if u can help thanx

:D check fuel pressure,spark plugs,wires,ignition timing and engine compression and you should be good to roll

to tell u the truth i have done a couple of swaps but mostly like plain ls engines or wat not into bubbles so i didnt really get the chance to open one up but now this time i got the opportunity and i ended up wit this problem but yeah thanx for ur help im gonna check the spark plugs first and in sequence the other things too.. now the other problem i have is that the head persists on leaking if not from one side its the other.i have gotten the head shaved new head gasket even got the sleeves done so i could center the damn head to the block but still the leakage.. i dont know wat the hell it could be.. wat is the tourqe spec for the head bolts anyways the specs i got is first 22lbs and the 61 lbs.. is that about right ?? Oh and another thing wen i was taking the las head off of the ls block i noticed that there were two longer bolts than the rest .. but i used the bolts that were on my gsr head which are all the same size .. could this be a problem too?? sorry i know i got mad problems need help asap.. :crazy:

your ECU has probably thrown your engine in safe mode.

there's in internal oil passage in DOHC VTEC blocks and heads. when you switch to an LS block, you'd either have to drill and an oil passage in the block or plug up the passage in the head and run an external oil line. if you don't do either of those, VTEC will not engage and that could be why you're leaking oil.

i aint know that the vtec head had a seperate oil line from the rest i aint see any and if there is one tell me were it is please ... and wat about my other problem does anyone know anything i could do?

All VTEC heads have oil passages internally.

to tell u the truth i have done a couple of swaps but mostly like plain ls engines or wat not into bubbles so i didnt really get the chance to open one up but now this time i got the opportunity and i ended up wit this problem but yeah thanx for ur help im gonna check the spark plugs first and in sequence the other things too.. now the other problem i have is that the head persists on leaking if not from one side its the other.i have gotten the head shaved new head gasket even got the sleeves done so i could center the damn head to the block but still the leakage.. i dont know wat the hell it could be.. wat is the tourqe spec for the head bolts anyways the specs i got is first 22lbs and the 61 lbs.. is that about right ?? Oh and another thing wen i was taking the las head off of the ls block i noticed that there were two longer bolts than the rest .. but i used the bolts that were on my gsr head which are all the same size .. could this be a problem too?? sorry i know i got mad problems need help asap.. :crazy:

:o did you have the block deck ckecked for warpage?that could be the reason why the head is leaking and are you using a new head gasket?

Archived