Engine Question

Toxic

the h22 is a heavy engine, and if you swap that into a del sol you will have to change your whole entire front suspension. and since the engine is heavy you will have understeer.

i thought about doing the h22 in my sol, but decided to go with the b16a sir II. its your choice though.

good luck

h22 is too much for me then lol... tnx for that link it helped... ive favored the b16a sirII for a while now and most likely will go with it... (still got lots of time though) but i was lookin at the h22 having more torque and hp stock and it poped into my head for a possible swap...

sca how hard was it for you to swap in your sirII? did you have to do any modifications at all or was it a direct swap? ... also how long did it take about?

tnx

• 3 weeks later...

easiest swap ever. me and my friend put it in less than 6 hours. i ran into a problem with the shift linkage, b/c stupid me i didnt specify to hmotorsonline that i was swappin it into a del sol ( the shift linkage is different than the civic ones they send out to you if u dont tell them). another thing is make sure u get a distributor b/c mine was no good but it was np to get that b/c my dad works at a parts store. besides that, it was 1,2,3. the swap is so easy b/c later del sol models came stock with b16s. if you want to buy an engine i suggest hmotorsonline. my engine was so clean.

sorry i took so long to reply, i didnt see the post >_<

hope this helps

good luck

i dont plan on gettin an engine till spring... thats why i said i still got a lot of time

did you have a lot of knowledge goin into doing the swap yourself? ive never done one by myself... neither has my friend... but we both wanna do it... i can get all the proper tools... will it still be pretty easy? ill probably end up having someone watch over us to make sure were doin it right if needed

my suggestion is if you dont know exactly what your doing or have an idea, let someone else do it and watch them, helping here and there. you dont wanna go in to it having no idea what your doin, ya know? its something you dont wanna mess up on. even if you have an idea of what your doing someone who knows more should be there and be helping.

my suggestion is if you dont know exactly what your doing or have an idea, let someone else do it and watch them, helping here and there. you dont wanna go in to it having no idea what your doin, ya know? its something you dont wanna mess up on. even if you have an idea of what your doing someone who knows more should be there and be helping.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I have what is a stupid question ... first off I am a newbie to del sols. I recently finished restoring a 75 Porsche 914 and then found a nicely priced 93 del sol and decided to have my next project car.

My question(s) is this ... the b16a sirII engine seems like an easy and rather affordable swap, how quick exactly does it make your delsol? Basically I want something for cruising town and the beach, not for racing or anything of the sort. JUst more or less something to make driving a lil more fun.

i have a b16a sir II swap in my del sol and its awesome. its a real jump from the crapty S engine i had in there. many people diss the b16 but imo its one of the best

crap, swapping. I like the idea and everything, but its kinda expensive to have it swapped out, isn't it? I changed an s10 2.8, a tranny on an 80s thunderbird, just stuff like that. It can't be that hard!?!

Archived