Not honda related but...

civikid

a friend of mine has a 2000 solara with the stock deck but an amp n 2 subs. she said her uncle wired the amp n subs right into her rear speakers... i want to do this for my gf in her 2004 altima and was wonderin if im going to need any kind of adapters or anythin?

any help is much appreciated.

-Sean

Hopefully your'e not talking about crap rigging anything for your girlfriend. They do make adaptors and other equipment to aid you in this venture, but honestly you'd be better off bringing it to an audio store and letting them do the work. It's really hard to do some of this and it's worth it to just spend your'e time with her while they're doing the work, they have all the tools they'll need to do it in record time, while you my friend will have a frustrating weekend ahead of you if you do it yourself, and you can't guarantee your work. Also they tend to do a good job of hiding wires, while you might just get so agitated that you'll decide they're fine where they are, scattered and hanging all over the place. Once they're done tell her you did it all on your own and really juice up the story, she'll appreciate the hell out of it.

yeah there is a special adaptor for that. i have that feature in my cl but i had one of the guys at best buy do it for me. I really didn't want to run the wires myself b/c it'll take me awhile to do so. also i don't know how to wire it using a stock deck so i let them do it. they did it within 2-3 hrs (thats with me providing the amp and the subs). they guy also threw in free a bass switch to where i can just turn off my bass from the driver seat whenever I feel like it. :)

anyway uhh..yeah i'd let a pro do it but if you want to do it yourself, thats great. if you let someone do it for you, make sure you stand there and watch them do it or else they'll slack off and run the wires all crappy and sloppy.:thumbsup: maybe you could learn a thing or two also.

The Best Buy down here has no brained technicians. They screwed the hell out of my wiring harness in my sisters Nissan. Them bitches aint never seen my car in there shop. I am 15 and I had to get up under there and fix the harness my self. They oviously were in a bad hurry. They just plain flat out didnt do the job. I know how to hide wires very good and do a clean job.

• 2 months later...

Archived