Crx Swap

SIR_VTEC

Well i jus wanted to get some opinions on what im about to do this week on my CRX. Well basically i blew the stock engine about a month ago...it was a 1.5L my CRX is a DX, but i found a 95 ex motor.....which is bascially a SI motor its a 1.6 Vtec, im goin to swap this into my car, i wanted to know what you people think...like if it was a decent swap or it wasnt worth it? Becasue im gettin a LS Vtec this winter, but i mean is the 1.6 goin to give me some decent speed? its a D16 basically a 92 SI but its a 95 EX motor its a SOHC, so what u think? :mad:

Well i would go for a ZC swap but i cant find any ZC motors in WI, they are hard to find, plus i thought a ZC is a LS engine with no vtec right? well anyway i know tons about del sols, CRX is my weak point, i jus got this thing about 2 months ago and my engine blew a month ago. but yea if i knew anything about swaps for this car or could get an engine cheap i would do it.

well 1st off, I think you can find a zc more easily than you think. try an 88-89 integra (you know, the old square ones.) this is a 1.6 liter dohc non-vtec. it will swap right in and save you at least 500 smackers. and zcrex is right, turbo kits can be found real cheap for them. check the local junk yards, I think you'll be surprised, and if not I see them for sale(the whole car) for 2-300 all the time.LS motors are non-vtec. all of them unless converted.

zc is 1.6 and ls is1.8

Archived