help with humming

ok i have had my 92 accord now for about a year and i have had a system in it for about the same amount of time. i am running 4 10 inch JL w0s and it's pretty loud but i have gotten kinda imune to it and recently i had to take them out to move some stuff with my car and i got a new CD player (Aiwa) and i hooked it up with one of the plugs that you can buy that wire up to your original plug and i have checked and double checked and its all right but when i plug my RCA's in to put the sound to the amps it sends a current to my amps that sounds like the engine and when i push the gas the sound gets louder and when the car idles it gets softer please help i miss having my tunes im cruising around with 2 speakers right now and i cant stand the treble much longer.

First thing I need to know is if you have your rca cables and your power wire on the same side of the car? If so thats your problem, you need to have one on one side and the other on the otherside. Another thing might be your ground. Try to clean the spot you have grounded to get a better connection. The only other thing I feel it might be is that you need your rca's replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't waste too much money on wires, honestly it's probably the head unit. It's too close to something in the back of your dash, and that something is picking up on your engine current. Is it like literally playing the engine through the speakers or is it an electrical humm. A lot of the entry level cd players aren't magnetically protected and you might need to install some kind of noise dampening kit behind your dash. Don't worry you won't necessarily have to replace the reciever, but it might be something to look into. I had the same problem with a KOSS cd player and I just ended up buying ALPINE, never had a problem since.

Archived