brake fuse

hoverboy

This is stupid, but, I can't figure out why my brake lights won't work. They worked fine yesterday. My passenger seatbelt is not working (automatic) and so I took most of the fuses out and tested them one by one to see if any were burnt out. None were (as far as I can tell!). Today I had my stepdad try to fix that seatbelt. The motor is busted so he basically just left it as it was but moved it to the closed (ie door shut) position.

Anywho, tonight, with the head lights turned on, the tail lights are ON but they don't get brighter when I brake. Also, and I read that these two problems may be related, I can't shift from park to drive (or any other gear) after starting my car. I have to insert my key into the shift lock slot, put it in neutral, take the key out of the shift lock and start it, and then switch to drive. I saw on another post that I should check the brake fuse. But I DO NOT see anything that says "brakes"!!! Please help! :( My poor car.....

I dont think its a fuse problem.... My dad had a problem like this with his brake lights too and we went through all the fuses and relays about 100 times and still couldnt figure it out. After doing some research i found out that there is a switch that the brake pedal is connected to so that when you push down on the pedal your brake lights will light up. So it may be possible that your switch isnt working and youll need to get it replaced. Hope this helps

-Flip

it is a fuse. had the same thing happen a few years back with my crx when it was automatic. no brake lights, had to use key to move the shifter, no horn, blah blah blah.

yeah, I am pretty sure i messed up some stuff with those fuses, the cruise control wont activate now either! the horn also is silent....I am gonna have a friend that knows something about cars take a look at it, I will post again once that happens!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived