new air filter

xixhondaxix

i bought a new air filter and after i put it in, the rpm gauges went crazy. like when i stop the rpm went to 0 then i go and the rpm goes to 2500 then 3000 then down to 2000 then all over in matters or seconds. so i figured that it was probally cuz my old one and new one were different and the readings would be different and it still happened after i took it on the highway. what would be the problem?

its an oem filter right(the drop in kinds)? not no aftermarket high-performance filter.

its probaly not used to the clean better air flow yet, i would reconmend an intake system cleaner, or throttle body cleaner. simply remove the stock air box off of throttle body from the intake manifold, look in if there is any carbon buildup.

aftermarket filter..cone filter

lol shoulda told me sooner, was your old aftermarket filter dirty? or was your old filter the oem drop in, and your replacing a new one.. your just talking about the air filter only right? no aftermarket intake piping and hoses..

different kind of air filter. different brand and style..ill be back..any more questions ill be abck to read it

dont know what to tell you, filter just do their job simply keeping the "bad air" away from the engine. filters are filters anyway you look at it.

Archived