window problems

brandonwiley

aight i need some help. my drivers side front window will not work. i have tested the window motor and the switch, the motor was ok and the switch was bad so i got a new switch and it still will not work. has this happen to anyone or does anyone know how i can fix it?

I'm currently having this same problem. With mine, some days it will work some days it won't. I also replaced the switch and it didn't work. I question whether the motor is shot or not because it works sometimes. Could it be a connection? A wire? I would love to know the answer to this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone chime in with experience with this? My window will not work for about two weeks then it will work for a day or two. The switch is like $100 and the motor is $130 on the internet. I would like to know what the likely cause of this problem is. I might have mentioned before, I got a switch from the dealer and it didn't fix the problem. I took it back pronto.

I would really appreciate any help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This may help, as for the window not moving, a connection problem could be it, I read that in some Accord, the wire harness on the driver side door is different than others, on one of the styles honda used, the pins where the connector plugs into the switchbox on the door may come loose, so check that, also, it might be the window out of alignment or a seal might have come loose on the track down in the door. A quick tip that i'm sure everyone know, but just in case, use silicone lubricant (pep boys) with the red straw and shoot it down in the tracks of all the windows on both sides, this helps with the humidity and rainy day problems

Hope it helps,

Email with any improvement, I love a good challenge

Lazrx1@comcast.net

Archived