Camber Kit

Toxic

ok i always hear bout camber kits for when u lower ur del sol... from what i understand if ima lower it ima need a camber kit... so i thought i better know what camber is and what the kit does... lol... also where could i get one? tnx for answering another noobish question...

What is camber?

Camber is the inward or outward tilt of the tire/wheel assembly. This angle is measured from a true vertical line, i.e. perpendicular to the ground. A tire/wheel assembly that is tilted outward at the top is considered to have Positive camber. While a tire/wheel assembly tilted inward at the top, displays Negative camber. For a zero setting, the tire/wheel assembly is in the exact vertical position or perpendicular to the ground.

How far can I lower my car before I need to adjust camber?

ANY amount of ride height change will cause camber and toe to change. It might not always be visible but having your camber out of adjustment will cause the tire to run on the inside edge only. The lower you go the more negative camber you will get and the faster the tire will wear. Toe will also be affected. Having your toe out of specifications will wear tires and make the car handle unfavorably.

from ingalls

I'm lowered a lot and don't have a camber kit, but I will be autocrossing next season so the negative camber will help with that. what hurts your tires the most is toe. after you lower the car, get an alignment and have them adjust your toe settings to stock.

Archived