CRX HELP!!!

c-r-x-n-l-a-x

hello everybody;

-kinda been reading through some forums and looks like i'm the only "wisconsinite? here ;) anyway's i have a 90 crx si and a couple of day's ago we had tennis ball size hail here and my hood and roof are completely shot!!! i'm getting a different hood but the sun roof is rusted on the inside and the outside is dented beyond repair. to get to the point i am looking into buying a dx top in good condition and customizing a "target" top like on the del sol.....this IS a project that i am going to go through with and have the resources to do it...but overall looking into similar conversions on other vehicles such as convertable tops i know i will have to support the pilars on the front windsheild; my question is; is if this will weaken the frame and suspension underneath and how badly?

-any info would be of great help; thanx

p.s.; anybody from wisconsin around here???????????

-peace-

-hod-

its called a "targa" top :)

it will weaken the chassis, but if you support everything (put a roll cage in it for the hell of it :p) then you should be fine. there's a eclipse on dsmtuners.com that did a custom targa top, looks sweet. he put in a massive rollcage and everythings good.

good luck.

Archived