94 Honda Accord LX tops out 115mph?

shady94accord

I was wondering, my accord tops out at 115 i know its prolly capable of 140 as the speedometer says, how do i get past it. Is it a govenor or is it something to do with the computer? i've been trying to find out for a while how to do it, i wouldn't bear it just wanna go atleast 130 or 135 and wanna know what i can do to make it handle the speed and go past the 115 mark without spending to much dough....... any information would be great, you can contact me on AIM at ShadyJ9819 or yahoo shady_j_810 or email me.......... just starting out so i could use some advse on proformance..... i already have a AEM cold air intake with a K&N air fliter, and preformance exhaust.... i was think about getting some AEM Tru Power Pulleys the kit and was wondering what that will do for me well please if anyone could help contact me.

Shady94accord,

aka justin

Here's some pics of my ride

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/jlaudiofanantic

i think all accords (or most?) are goverened at 115mph. you can remove something on you ecu to get around this, but i'm not sure where its at on accord ecu's. i know there's a how-to on vfaq.com for dsm's to remove their speed limiter...but seriously, there's no reason to be going more than 135mph. you don't need to kill yourself or someone else just because you wanted to get your car up to speeds its not designed to go.

you'd need new tires with a higher speed rating, some (good) suspension work to be able to have the stability at high speeds, and you'd need some engine work to push you up to those speeds, aswell as most of your brain removed.

you have an accord lx. its not supposed to go fast, its not supposed to be a performance car, its not going to make much power from modifications. its supposed to cruise around town at a leisurely pace with a few friends riding with you so you can scream at all the girls walking down the street. its a friggin accord.

Not all honda accords top out at 115. My 1998 Accord has hit 123 MPH without any modifications to it at the time. It is the 4-Cylinder 2.2L F23A1 series engine, but I doubt that the ECU controls all Accords at 115.

I'm guessing no one will believe me, so if you don't just drop a line, and I'll post the picture of it for you.

Later

Archived