Is this Exceptionally Fast for my EX Accord?

BadBowtie03

I have a 94 EX 5spd. Vtec Accord with only a cheap air intake off ebay and I got the car to go 16.28 @ 85 mph with a 2.4 sixty foot. That was in really good air. Last summer without the intake in bad air it only went 16.8 @ 81 mph. The same sixty foot. Same driving style... hmmm I guess the air and the intake bumped the power up a little wouldnt you say so? It also only has 77K miles on it.

Also I tried one more run and left it in 3rd till the end of the quarter and got it to go 86.6 mph... but not any faster ET... I said dang to my self! I was proud of my little 145 horse beast.... :D

My exhaust always makes a tickin sound so, If I was to remove the cat on my car and leave the factory muffler and put a bullet muffler in place of the cat do you think it would be loud? or be able to hear a difference at all?

if you're going to sell it, why modifiy it more? i'm not sure what a accord runs stock, but 16.28 sounds pretty good...maybe a little bit faster than normal. ex accords are a little bit faster than ex civic's...and they run ~16.4.

just put a regular pipe in place of the cat and keep the stock exhaust if you really want to. it might throw a code, but you'll probably be able to notice a small amount of power.

Archived