would it fit?

250SWB

my dad seems to think that i should try to find a 6 cylnder engine and tranny that will fit in my '89 lude. are there any acura's or honda's i could gut the engine out of at a junkyard?

Any suggestions would be a lot of help.

P.S. also i just had a guy offer me a crx(not shure about the year, haven't seen it yet) with a civic SI motor, intake, exaust, shocks, and some body work--for 750, five bills if i give him cash. His reasone for selling is because he just got married the day before i met him.

maybe this is a better route alltogether?>_<

Unless you H22 ur 3rd Gen. But I do think the CRX would be a better route, it's hard to make 3rd Gens fast. O yea by the way im a super noob!

Wtf hard to make fast? if he swaps the h22 into the 3rd gen it would be fast.Trust me take the crx if you swap the si engine and go with the b-series you would be running low 15's stock. If you do get the crx sell the lude sell the si engine and you will have some money to spend.

Do you know how hard and expensive it is to swap an H22 into a 3rd Gen? I was just going with the more realistic option. And just because u think u can throw an H22 into a 3rd Gen. like it's nothing ur callin me a noob. Get a life, and a real car. Learn something about Preludes before you open ur mouth on a Prelude forum, ass.

actually h22 swaps are not as expensiver as you think. seeing as hopw i know 2 people that just did it on a 3rd and 4th gen lude. the 4 was like 3 g's and the 3rd was like 3.5 g's. but if you cant really lower your car if you do that cause it would put the axles on a wierd angle. i would just get the crx and put the b18c1 in it.

4th Gen swaps aren't hard at all, this is a given. But an H22 into a 3rd Gen. is pretty difficult, kinda like putting an H22 into a CRX. Different mounts, smaller engine bay, and the fact that the car is extremely uderweight to be carrying around an H22.

that is true i did not say that it was easy. it is actually a big pain in the ass. but it is not as expensive as people think.

get a crx... or better yet... just get a 92 Civic VX hatchback.... its already wired for VTEC so yea.... i'd go with that route...

• 3 months later...

first off any thing is possible with the right money, i seen pics of a guy that put the acurca legend v6 in his accord and also of the accord v6 in an 88 civic hatch. but they both said it was a total bitch and would never do it again.

the crx is a good route and they actually make h22 swap conv kits for them. place racing mounts has all the hardware. i wouldnt go witha b seriers motor in any honda other than the b20a5 in a 2nd gen or the b18c5 in a 95 up due to the fact the the gsr motor is vtech and 5th gens already have it unlike older models u would have to swap wiring harness and lalot of mess u really dont want.

as mentioned if u want drag, sell the si engineand go h22 or save a load of cash and go k series. if ur going auto x go lighter and get a b20a5

Archived