Alloy wheel cleaner

ursino2

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm a newbie, and glad to be part of this board.

My 2003 Accord, purchased in Aug'03, is the first new car I've ever owned. I've never had alloy wheels or leather in a car before, so care for these options is all new to me. Leather, of course, is relatively easy to upkeep, and I'm anal about the inside of my car. But the wheels have become pretty dirty and I've only cleaned them once or twice. The outside of the alloy wheel is, of course, finished/polished, so the Castrol All-Wheel Cleaner I bought did a nice job on the outside of the wheel that's easily visible.

But the inside of the cylinder is filthy with brake dust & road grime, and as much as I tried to get into every little corner and every part of the inside cylinder to which my hand would reach, I couldn't get much off - and on the parts I was able to scrub hard, the wheel cleaner didn't do anything.

So I'm looking for a good wheel cleaner that's not made by Castrol and which does not have any acid.

Any advice for someone new to wheel care?

Thanks all,

Frank

don't worry about the inside cylinder, its not really visible at all. if you must clean it then you could probably take off the wheel to get into all those hard to reach places a little easier.

i use eagle one something or other wheel/tire cleaner and it works pretty good. keep the brake dust off though, if you don't then its impossible to get it off later on.

Ok...well I guess the Castrol worked as well as could have been expected on the outside then...I'm just a perfectionist sometimes with this stuff :) How do I keep the brake dust off, or do you mean just the outside of the wheel?

Archived