Acura and first year teething pains?

After seeing fotos of the new RL, I am seriously considering selling my Mercedes CL500 and purchase the new RL. One question, in my experience with BMW and Mercedes, their first year (and sometimes second) of a new model can be wrought with problems. As I have not owned an Acura before, I am curious if Acura, being the great product it is, is there a very good chance that I would not experience problems with a new model, or is it still better to wait for the second year?

a lot of cars have their own flaws. even expensive cars so don't think if your paying ..oh say...over 70+ bucks for a car you wont experience any probs. as for your 05 RL question, I would say to just give it a go. certain year TL and CL's have their own problem and one of them is the major issue of transmission (years 99-01) but the RL didnt have that problem. my TL didn't have that problem either.. the 05 RL has not yet come out yet so I dont think I can tell you what prob(s) it has or what you can expect to have. If you want to wait for 06 or 07, you can if you wish. it is up to you. 300hp awd...id buy it quick but thats b/c I think it will be a GREAT car!! You really can't go wrong with a honda engine

Well, if you take JD Power and Associates survey with some seriousness, you will see that Acura just edged out the Industrial Average in Initial Quality(which is the first couple years of ownership). Which is kind of interesting, since Honda is ranked 4th under Lexus, Cadillac, and Jaguar. Looking at last years Long Term Quality tho, you'll see Acura ranks right up there under Lexus, Infiniti, Buick, and Porche (while Honda fell like 3-4 more spots down).

But any new model will hit a couple snags. Being that this is Honda/Acura, you shouldn't bump into much problems, generally speaking. You also got to keep in mind that this is a whole new model from the ground up, with a completely new drivetrain. I figure, wait a year or so before jumping into an RL.

Archived