Prelude H22A VTEC Header

BLK963KGT

Ok my friend has a 1993 Prelude VTEC and he wants to get a header for his fist modification, he is trying to get some cheap ass crap on ebay and i told him you get what you pay for, I know the hp yield from just a header isn't that much but for those of you who do have a header on your VTEC prelude or have read up on them, can you tell me which brand/type yields the most power and/or is the best he can buy? Another friend has a DC header in his 92 Civic w/ SOHC VTEC, and it is nice... but i was just wondering what would be best for him to get, he needs it bad so he can keep up with me.... Let me know.. Thanks.

why does everybody say even the base model 3000gt's are "fat cars"? my dsm weights 3858lbs....

anyways, why can't he keep up with you? vtec preludes are supposed to match a turbo dsm in the 1/4...and i've beaten more than a few sl and base model 3000gt's. is it automatic or something?

15.3 is a decent time though...good job.

No his is a 5-speed... I don't understand why he can't keep up either, I mean I do have a couple mods but nothing big, and he has a short ram intake..... When we go from a stop, I always win because I jump him hardcore on the takeoff and slowly pull away and run away after 80... but from a roll, like a 40 stomp, it all about who gets the best jump, until 80... then i take over.. i have beaten a few fwd turbo dsm's mostly on the highway though.... but I do have to give his Prelude props, it has balls.... that 15.3 was when i was completely stock and I didn't drive it, it was the drivers first time to ever drive my car, so I am sure I can run a bit quicker than that...... but yeah back to the topic, whats a good header for my friend????

DC are decent and cheap, but i've heard mixed reviews about em. I also heard that the stock JDM isn't all that bad, and if he's gonna go all N/A, Mugen is awesum, expensive, but it gives you about 15 hp just for a bolt-on. Hoped this helped a lil bit.

What may seem to surprise everyone is that a Prelude stock header is very efficient? Sure your friend can buy a header but there's a good chance that it wont be as good as stock. Seeing that he's looking on Ebay for a header, he's already on the wrong path.

I'll give you a thumbs up for the advice you gave your friend. "You get what you pay for". Secondly stop the childish streetracing. You kids don't seem to understand until someone either gets arrested or dies. I lost loved ones due to street racing.

In closing, it's obvious your friend doesn't know how to drive. Also from what I read he can't launch for crap. Sorry to say, put an experienced driver behind the wheel of a 93' Prelude and your 3000 GT will get dusted. Your street racing on 18's as well.

*I'm not trying to start a thread war, this is how I post*

By the way nice looking car.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok my friend has a 1993 Prelude VTEC and he wants to get a header for his fist modification, he is trying to get some cheap ass crap on ebay and i told him you get what you pay for, I know the hp yield from just a header isn't that much but for those of you who do have a header on your VTEC prelude or have read up on them, can you tell me which brand/type yields the most power and/or is the best he can buy? Another friend has a DC header in his 92 Civic w/ SOHC VTEC, and it is nice... but i was just wondering what would be best for him to get, he needs it bad so he can keep up with me.... Let me know.. Thanks.

one word......

Mugen...

i dunno about spoon tho...

but from what i hear....

Mugen headers produces the best for honda.....

and i wounder why??????

:ph34r:

Archived