alarm malfunction

97honiac

Question for the board: Lately, whenever the security system (factory) is activated by locking the doors, the alarm will go off at random times without activity around the vehicle. Last night it did it at 330 am... I took it to a dealer who said they "reset" the security system. Then I did some errands and after coming out of a store that I'd been in for only 20 minutes, it was going off again. I then took the security fuse out. The alarm hasn't gone off since (about 3 hours ago) but the security system indicator light still blinks and the keyless entry still works (was thinking this was on the same fuse.) Can anyone tell me if I can expect any more rude awakenings and have to go let the dealer mess with it, or should this have taken care of the alarm? Thx.

something similar has been happening to my eclipse. i took it in to have the drivers side door handle replaced and ever since the alarm will go off about 10 min or so after i set it. it doesn't do it all the time, mostly at night when i get home from work and my car is sitting in the middle of the field next to my house (where my family parks our cars.) it doesn't seem to do it during the day at all. it sucks because whenever i go out at night i'm scared to lock my car because it will set the alarm and minutes later it will go off for no reason.

i think it has something to do with the sensor that senses whether the door is closed or not. i should have taken it back to the dealer when i had the door handle replaced (because i'm 100% sure thats what caused it) but i never got around to it and am regreting it now. :(

Same here guys, my alarm has done the same thing to me, and I have a autopage system. But anyways, afterwards the LED blinks at me telling me which sensor was triggered (done by how many blinks) it is the door sensors. I am scared to set my alarm...it just goes off when it feels like it...most of the time at 2am when everyone is sleeping :crazy: anyways the installer has a 100% warranty on the install so I get free fix, but just gotta find the time to do it.

Main point tho...it's probably yur door sensors...if not...one of them needs to be adjusted/replaced.

Well, the dealer diagnosis is that the security system's "brain" is fried. They're ordering a new control unit and installing it on Thursday. This had better take care of it...I'd like to be able to put my cd's back in my car...I really don't like leaving anything in it with the doors unlocked.

Archived