V-tech

91accordEX

I know the v-tech came out in 1992, and my accord is 91, but the 90-93 accords are all the same, would there be a v-tech head that would fit the f23? My friend at work thinks there is and says he can install it and run it through the ECU. Is it possible? It sounds bad-ass, but will it work?

Hey the VTEC motor for the accords did not start being installed till 1994 which was the F22B1. I don't know where oyu are getting F23 becasue the motors in our cars(4th gen 90-93) are the F20A and F22A 2.0L and 2.2L As far as installing a head you can swap to an F22B1 VTEC head.

Here is a link that will help.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3585

I know the v-tech came out in 1992, and my accord is 91, but the 90-93 accords are all the same, would there be a v-tech head that would fit the f23? My friend at work thinks there is and says he can install it and run it through the ECU. Is it possible? It sounds bad-ass, but will it work?

First off what does the "H" stand for in "Vtech". Can you answer that?

This is the worst thread I have ever seen on this board. Sorry to say but your friend is retarded, so are you for believing him.

All F23 USDM engines already came equipped with "Vtec". Why would you waste your time looking for a Vtec head when the F23 already came with Vtec from factory.?

That is the engine code that I've got, but I have no "v-tec"-you prick!

You don't seem to understand. If the engine is an F23 like you say it is then you have Vtec. The only explanation is that a motor swap was previously performed on your car. Or you don't know what the heck your talking about. My guess was that you don't know what your talking about so I got pissed off.

Which F series engine do you have the A1 or the A4? The A4 has PGM-FI and is a ULEV vehicle ?

How could you not know if the engine has Vtec? On F series motors it simply states Vtec on the valve cover.

Take a picture of your engine code and post it so we can figure this out.

well, if you do indeed need info on the swap..... here ya go.

4th gen head swap

It can be done, but it is a fair bit of work for little power in the end. Not sure, may be worth it if you go turbo like this guy though, but all depends on your future plans. If only looking for power, go turbo, maybe just start w/ typ. mods like intake/headers/exhaust. Good luck if you try it.

I will vouch for the valve cover not saying VTEC because i just helped my younger brother swap a D15B Vtec into his civic and it DOES NOT say Vtec on the cover. But as far as him having an F23 I will believe it when I see the casting numbers. Also if you were to have an F23 swapped in it would be VTEC for sure as I don't think there was an F23 non vtec I know for sure there was an H23 DOHC non vtec but not SOHC F23. That motor is strictly a 98-02 motor. I HIGHLY doubt you have the F23 so take a pic of the castings I will take a pic of mine here in about 5 mins. and post it. You either have an F22a4 or an F22a1 or an F20a motor. Now quit feeding us accord owners full of it and post the pic.

If you read my previous post I said on the "F" series motors it would say Vtec on the valve cover. I never mentioned the D16, so I don't know what you guys are talking about.

This guy is full of crap, I call bullcrap until he posts a pic of his engine bay. Which I'm sure he wont do because he's not telling the truth. Or he's very confused about what motor he has.

If you read my previous post I said on the "F" series motors it would say Vtec on the valve cover.  I never mentioned the D16, so I don't know what you guys are talking about.

whoa...where'd that come from? i don't know about "f" series motors, but i was just relating them with another honda series. i figured they might be the same. does the oil cap trick work for all honda engines? you know...if its in the upper right then you've got vtec, if not then you don't.

EDIT:i just realized who posted that...carta, that comment wasn't directed at you, it was directed at "91accordex."

I think it is that i am just confused. I don't know that much about this stuff and i'm just going off what i've been told

It's not that hard to find the code bro. Pop your hood and look for the code in the front of your engine block.

whoa...where'd that come from? i don't know about "f" series motors, but i was just relating them with another honda series. i figured they might be the same. does the oil cap trick work for all honda engines? you know...if its in the upper right then you've got vtec, if not then you don't.

EDIT:i just realized who posted that...carta, that comment wasn't directed at you, it was directed at "91accordex."

My bad I thought you were talking to me. It's all good, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything.

:thumbsup:

Archived