Mysterious Rear Wheel Jerk On 2012 Honda Pilot (VIDEO ATTACHED)

Hello everyone,

I need some help with an issue related to my 2012 Honda Pilot EXL. Recently, I have been experiencing strange vibrations and sounds coming from what I believe to be the rear driver side wheel while driving. The problem tends to start after a few minutes of driving and gradually gets worse until it feels like the wheel is about to come off. However, when I fully stop the car or put the gear in reverse, the issue tends to go away.

I have taken my car to multiple mechanics, including Honda, but so far, none of them have been able to diagnose the issue properly. They have checked all the parts visually and found no issues. Additionally, the tires and rims have been checked with a road force balancer, and they are all fine. The e-brake has been adjusted, and a few parts have been replaced, but the problem persists. The left rear brakes have also been disassembled, and the rotor's run-out has been checked, but no luck. The rear u-joint of the propeller shaft was removed and inspected, and the u-joint was not seized. They even took out the drive shaft to see if that would make a difference. I drove the car without the driveshaft for a few days, and the problem went away, but it came back after a couple of days.

On top of that, the car has a constant high-speed shake, and I suspect it might be related to the VCM. To test this theory, I installed a VCM muzzler, but it didn't change anything. I am not sure if this issue is related to the jerking or a separate problem altogether.

Today, I managed to record a video of the issue while driving, and I was hoping that some of you Honda enthusiasts could take a look and give me your opinion on what might be causing the problem. I am not a mechanic, and I could really use some advice from people who know more about Hondas than I do.

If you have a minute, please check out the video I uploaded on Dropbox using this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1umb5atv1iqxlia/car noise and shake.mp4?dl=0

**As you can see in the video, when I slow down the car at around 50 seconds, you can clearly see the whole rear wheel and everything attached to it jerks up and down as the tire rotates and clicks.

I appreciate your help and any feedback you can provide.

Thank you,

Edited by silentstorm

I'm not a mechanic, but have they taken apart the wheel bearing and hub assembly to make sure it isn't bad?  With the wheel off the ground, is there play in the hub if you push the tire back and forth?  It shouldn't be loose at all. Not rotational, but side to side.

Also, is something on the inside of the wheel lightly hitting the metal shield behind the brakes?  You'd see metal wearing away somewhere if so.