Paint damage 2003 Honda Accord

Cassie1122

Hello,

I am wondering if others have experience with this: I bought my car used about 4 years ago. Overtime I have noticed the paint on one area of my car become more and more damaged by the sun ( I assume). I am aware that this make and model is known for cosmetic issues with the paint

I have included a picture below. I’ve always thought it looked superficial like it sits on the surface. It looks worse in certain lightening. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do ? Getting it detailed  ?? Looking for something other than an entire paint job as it’s not worth it 

Thanks in advance

E87FFE02-0F8E-4371-8F0E-800AF6ED0024.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think buffing it or rubbing compound is going to help. I had the hood fade on a previous vehicle, and MAACO painted it for cheap. You won't get the best paint but you wont get the worst. They may be able to do a partial paint job on the section in your picture, not sure but it is worth looking for the local MAACO in your area and ask. Or actually any body shop but MAACO should be cheaper.

hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Archived