Has anyone else had any issues with "supposed" rodent issues chewing through wiring or air filters?  I just bought a 2019 Pilot and returned it to the dealer approximately 1 month after driving it. It has a total of 3,500 miles on it and the air filter (under the glove box) was completely broken apart. The service department claimed that a rodent may have entered the compartment and chewed through the filter.  They replaced the filter and now the air doesn't blow as fast and it doesn't cool (takes 45 minutes to cool down) and I'm told that I'd have to pay a diagnostic fee to check for "more rodents".  This baffles me and I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? 

• 5 months later...

My Mechanic told me to tie 3-4 fabric softener sheets around inside the engine bay and change them out every couple months.  Say's the rats hate it.   Wonder if your insurance covers that.

Archived