93 Honda Accord Not Turning over

me and my father recently installed a new battery in my 93 Honda accord , it was running well for a while i'd take it out on the backroads for about 3 weeks but just tonight it wouldn't turn over , it would run my JVC radio just fine , but when I wanted to crank up the car it just wouldn't turn over

Please Help, Josh

When you turned the key exactly what is happening? Step by step.

What you should hear is:

Key in ignition and rotated to the on position without moving to the start position your dash lights, radio and fuel pump should engage (listen closely and you can hear the pump prime for 2-3 seconds)

clutch depressed or car in park if it is an automatic.

key rotated to the start position the starter should kick over and you should hear the engine turn over.

depending on how whipped your hoopty is it should crank for no more than 2-3 seconds and fire up.

where in those steps is it not doing what it should be doing?

Yeah I mean I know when its gonna turn over usally we got a full tank of gas in it and it seems to be struggling to even turn over me and my father think that it has something to do with the left radio wire in the trunk, we think it might be draining the battery ..... it also sounds loke its cranking for 1 second and then makes a groaning noise , pretty vague directions so do this as you will!

thanks, josh

This is the internet. I am 9284723 miles away from wherever you are. I cannot assist in troubleshooting car problems based off of random incoherent babbling.

Archived