Sign in to follow this  
king

Looking to Buy a Honda

Hello,

I currently have a Jeep which I have had for about seven years and really drove into the ground. I spend about $300 dollars a month on gas. I am really looking for a nice little sedan (or something similar) that will help relieve me a little bit at the pump. Or a lot. It has just gotten to the point where I feel like a car payment for a car that is good on gas will just about even out with my gas payments with this car.

I test drove some Civics and I liked them. I drove some Accords and I just felt they were a bit "big" or "long" for me. (I think people underestimate how boxy and small Jeeps can be.)

I liked the Civic a lot, but it didn't seem to have as much power as the Jeep but I guess that is to be expected?

The only problem is I really do not know anything about cars. I am bringing someone who used to work at a dealership, so I am sure he will help, but I want to have some knowledge myself too.

I am probably looking at an '11, '12, or '13 Honda Civic. But I just wanted to see how people like those. I am not sure of the series and which ones are good and what that all entails. I am also not sure of the specifications and what exactly I should be looking for. I really am just looking for something nice, but basic. Point A to Point B, but still kind of want to treat myself. My car now was about ten years old when I got it. It would nice to have something nice and new.

After I got my Jeep, I went to a Jeep forum and saw a lot of people did not recommend the car and had a lot of issues with them. I felt like I got bamboozled a little bit. I didn't want to make the same mistake again this time and not touch base with some Honda owners first.

Edited by king

You might want to consider a lease on a new Honda Accord, some great deals out there right now.

This site compiles local Honda dealership advertised specials - gives an idea for who's the most competitive on price at any given time.

http://www.bestcardealsnow.com/s?place=United%20States&make_model=Honda&is_model=false