Will my car rust if I don't fix this soon

john1234567

I hit another one of my cars in my driveway backing up and the other car was fine but it caused a small dent in my rear bumper and caused the panel that connects to the bumper about a foot away from the gas tank to disconnect from the car slightly by a few millimeters. I don't have the money to fix it right now. It has been raining a lot lately and I am wondering if I don't fix it will it cause rust. The car is a 2010 honda accord. It happened a week ago and it hasen't rusted yet so am I in the clear or how long do I have until it rusts, if it will rust?

How did you manage to find this forum yet do not know how oxidation works? It probably required more effort to sign up and post here than it would of to read a wiki article on the topic.

The answer to your question is maybe. Depends on if the impact cracked the paint and primer on the sheet metal. As to how long before you would see rust, 1 year, maybe 10? Too many variables to determine.

How did you manage to find this forum yet do not know how oxidation works? It probably required more effort to sign up and post here than it would of to read a wiki article on the topic.

The answer to your question is maybe. Depends on if the impact cracked the paint and primer on the sheet metal. As to how long before you would see rust, 1 year, maybe 10? Too many variables to determine.

there is no need to be a A hole about it, whats your problem?

The internet. The worlds largest information repository at your fingertips yet you ask someone else to do your homework for you.

The very first hit on a Google search for "Why do cars rust" will start you off.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/vehicle-maintenance/prevent-automotive-rust1.htm

Archived