Leakage Problem

djryc3

I own a 1993 Del Sol and was wondering about the leakage problem. Whenever it rains my car would take some heavy water. Is there anyway i could fix that problem or is there a "roof kit" I can purchase at a Honda dealership? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. It leaks at the four corners the targa top. automatic pressure wash, heavy rain, a ton of snow will cause it leak through the weather stripping on the top. always leaving that annoyin dribble of water on your leg or on passenger seat. :mad:

I have two tops, a green one and a tinted one. green for winter, tint for summer. Both leak via conditions. When i change the tops, the guts are changed over along with the weather stripping. I usually mess with the weather stripping to straighten it out. This helps out a bit. 8)

while leakage is prone to happen over time to any year sol, 93's and 94's have the most problems due to being the first run of the vehicle in the united states.

• 1 month later...

ROOF LEAKAGE REPAIR

* Front weather seal $156.52

Left side roof seal $84.35

Right side roof seal $77.09

** Left door small window seal $59.86

** Left door small window seal $59.86

Tax $30.00

Labor $220.00

Total $687.68 = NOT CHEAP

* starts at the inside corner of the windshield frame around the top and down the other side.

** small portion of window that remains when glass is rolled down has a rubber strip that covers it. This strip joins the left and right sides of the roof. Where the roof..front windshield frame...and the small door rubber strip MEET eventually leaks. The glass from the window is suppossed to matt flush against the rubber weather seal of the roof at the junction of all those strips i mentioned. After years of dry rot, water will feed down the drain channels in the stripping, and drip at the junction onto your knee. For years I carried a towel behind the seat to throw over my legs

BUT HEY, IT'S 11 years old and Ive had no other problems 130,000 miles.

Not one alternator, water/fuel pump replaced, just the timing belt at 75,000 like they toldme to...thats it.

Of coarse you could just go crazy with a couple of tubes of Silicon, but i figure it should last another 11 years now.

Archived