Love my Hatch

sgthartman99

What up yall, see that another member in here has a 93 civic SI hatch just like mine, very nice, thats a smart man. Anyone know what the average horsepower increase for a cold air intake is? and around how much is a performance chip for a 93 si? I would appreciate the help

Guest HondaCRX16

Im not sure, but I think that the average horsepower gain is about 7-9 hp.

*Not sure though!*

hey yo Im the smart guy with the Si hatch. The most horse power increase I've ever seen with a cold air intake are 9hp and that was with a highly modified engine, stock engine I made an increase of 6.2 horse power at the wheels but that was with a true cold air induction a ram air was 3.7 hp at wheels. Now the Computer ship should give you an increase of 10 hp with a stock engine but dont let that discourage you, because the increase will be thruought the entire range plus the vtec will kick in sooner and youll have a higher redline. but a computer chip build to the bolt ons you have will increase even more and will make the bolt ons perform better.

P.S you are right is of smart people to own the Si hatch ;)

check out the front end on my hatch

post-47-1022785614.jpg

hey, how much was it for that conversion on the front end, it looks really good and I want to try that on my 98, have to play around with photoshop first tho.

thanks for the replys everyone, yo that front end is really nice, very unique. I am so anxious to get a chip for my hatch but I am concerned about the price, anyone know what the average price for one is? oh and one more thing, HONDA FOREVER! hehe. later.

ok heres a honda question that some of you hondaheads might know the answer to. Just out of curiosity, what is the BASE Horse power on a 93 CIVIC SI, I was just wondering. Oh and by the way, GRAN TOURISMO 3 for 20 bucks is the greatest crap ever!

Damn I am just full of questions tonight, hope yall don't think I am a moron, I keep reading about a B 16 engine, what is this? and more importantly DOES MY CAR HAVE IT, I know the 93 SI has VTECH in it but I was just wondering what the benefits of a B16 engine are, and whether or not my car has it, thanks.

THE SGT.

Archived