I NEED HELP PLEASE!

Im new to this site, ive had my licence for a while now but just recently bought my first car, its a 1984 Honda Accord Hatchback, 2 door, i bought it for 850 cause im sick of takin the bus to work.

My issues are the fact my stereo doesnt work, it powers up, and turns on, but i get no sound to my speakers, not even static, im thinkin the speakers arent hooked up or wired right but i wouldnt know. Also my fuel guage, in my dash, syas its on E, doesnt go up at all, and my light keeps flashing but i filled it up the other day and was driving for like 2 days straight. Anyone know what might be wrong or would have possible solutions to help me out let me know please. Anything helps.

If it's the original stereo I would guess the head unit is just done. It's nearly 30 years old. Speakers or such might be disconnected, but not likely. Each of your speakers should connect separately to the head unit and it's unlikely all four came disconnected and the power didn't as well.

The gauge is possibly just the sending unit. On your 84 it's too old for me to have first hand info for, but i would try and isolate the sending cable coming from the gauge and trace it back to the tank and see if you have a short or break. Fuel gauge being out really isn't a problem as long as you have a working odometer and are not completely absent-minded.

Archived