Speedometer 91 crx si

Jacob Russell Reed

Ive searched everywhere to try to find the answer to this. I got a 91 crx si, b18 engine, and b16 tranny. My speedometer doesnt work. I read the article on how to fix speedo so i checked it out. It is attached behind cluster and secure, where it connects to the tranny its connected, but no pin idk if thats why or what. Also where the speedo cable goes into tranny there is two hose cables that look like they go together that have been cut, ive read thats just the power steering and im guessing crx doesnt have that so thats why they are cut. Any help would be appreciated thanks. :)

img20120422110125.jpg

img20120422110033.jpg

im not supper familiar with the cable trans, but im guessing the speedo doesn't work because the end of the cable (trans side) is not fully engaged into the mechanical sending unit. second guess is that the speedo gauge is bad, finally it could be a snapped cable.

• 3 weeks later...

And those cut lines can't be power steering, there not high pressure lines. Honestly, it looks like a fuel filter. You sure u got the speedo cable in the right place? I can't tell if that's the top of the tranny or not but if it is it wouldn't make much since to have fuel lines coming out of the tranny. Is it an automatic? They could be transmission fluid cooling lines but again there not high pressure lines so I doubt it and since there cut I imagine your tranny would be blown by now without any fluid going to the transmission cooler.

Archived