NEED HELP CIVIC IS MISSING

ok so here is whats going on. I own a 95 2 dr civic ex, its stock with a 1.6l vtec engine, it ran smooth and recently it started to miss, so i had it check out and the mechanic said that the distributor cap was cracked and the distributor was runined. so i went and got a new cap and distributor, this however did not fix my problem. so then i changeds the spark plugs, this fixed the miss for a few days but then it started to miss again, and over the next couple weeks it got prgressivly worse. my car misses in idle, when im stopped, in reverse, and in low acceleration. i had the spark plugs wires checked and they all have a weak spark, so i checked the spark on the distributor itself and it was weak, this eliminating the wires as the problem i believe. the only thing that is the same in the distributor is the rotor that i took off of the old one. it has a burn mark on it. could this be my problem? i have a new one in my car waiting to be put in but, i just wanted to know if this is the problem or if it could be something else that i dont know about. Other things to mention, i do not have a check engine light on so i believe that elminates the sensors. anyway please someone let me know what you think and get back to me.

Archived